KHS GmbH, Dortmund – an international manufacturer of filling and packaging systems for the beverage, food, and non-food industries – was established in 1993 from a merger of Holstein & Kappert AG of Dortmund, founded in 1868, and Seitz-Werke GmbH, which was founded in 1887 and later became SEN AG, Bad Kreuznach. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Salzgitter Klöckner-Werke GmbH, which is owned by the Salzgitter Group.
KHS Corpoplast, KHS Plasmax, and KHS Moldtec have been integrated into Salzgitter Klöckner-Werke GmbH since August 2008. This means that as a wholly owned subsidiary of Salzgitter Klöckner-Werke GmbH, KHS GmbH is now also fully active in the field of PET systems together with these companies. At the same time, KHS Asbofill merged into KHS GmbH. The PET technology of the newly affiliated companies stands for Bottles & Shapes™ design and engineering, Blomax for stretch blow molders, Plasmax for barrier coatings, and Asbofill, which provides flexible, linear aseptic filling concepts for sensitive products.